Often times, the most drool-worthy meals are created when two amazing food concepts come together to form a brilliant mashup. Well, that’s exactly what happened when we paired the classic concept of a frittata with Alexia crinkle-cut fries. Prepare yourselves. What you are about to witness is a breakfast meal of epic proportions. The fries on top not only add a beautiful hash brown-like flavor; they also give the whole frittata a surprisingly stunning presentation. So feast your eyes on the ham & cheese fry-tata, and watch how it all comes together
THE HAM & CHEESE FRY-TATA
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 16 oz Alexia crinkle-cut fries, defrosted and room temperature (I just put the bag in the refrigerator overnight and they were defrosted by morning)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 10 eggs, scrambled together
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Optional step to help the fries brown even more: toss the fries in 1 Tbsp oil (peanut, vegetable or olive are all fine). Bake until browned, turning halfway, about 35 minutes. Once the fries have been removedfrom the oven, lower the temperature to 350F (175C).
- In a 9 inch non-stick oven-safe skillet over medium heat, brown the ham (this helps rid the ham of excess water so the frittata won’t be watery), about 5 minutes.
- Add in the butter. Sauté onion, bell peppers and garlic until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the pepper.
- Pour in scrambled eggs and milk.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until the eggs start to set, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the cooked fries on top of the egg mixture in a concentric pattern, starting in the middle.
- Bake 16-18 minutes until the eggs no longer jiggle in the middle when you gently shake the pan.
- If you want your fries to be browner, you can turn the broiler on once the frittata is cooked andbroil the top for 3 minutes until golden.
This is a sponsored post, paid for by our partner, Alexia.