Girls Do You Know What Happens To Your Body 10 Hours After Putting Nail Polish!! Shocking Indeed!!

For most of you, nail polish is something you’d never put under the category of ‘dangerous stuff.’ But, you may reconsider this after you finish reading this article.

Yes, you don’t apply the nail polish on your skin, but this beauty product is definitely dangerous. And toxic, let’s not forget that. It’s even worse than the chemicals contained in your face creams. So, let’s go through the ingredients in your nail polish.

Even “toxin-free” nail polishes contain toluene, formaldehyde and Dibutyl phthalate (DBP). Yes, these are the scary things. Each of these chemicals is easily absorbed in the body. The Department of Toxic Substances Control in California released a report according to which toxin-free polishes contained the harsh chemicals. What’s even worse, the non-toxic nail polishes contained higher concentrations of the chemicals than the “toxic” ones.


It’s contained in nail polishes to make them smoother. This toxic chemical plays the role of an octane booster in gasoline, and it’s often part of the raw material used in the production of TNT. Toluene causes headaches, nausea, birth defects, developmental abnormalities, liver and kidney damage. It’s has a negative effect on the nervous system. This toxin manages to cross the blood-brain barrier, and affect GABA, dopamine and other neurotransmitters. This interaction causes cerebral and cerebella degeneration, which often leads to seizures, decreased cognitive abilities, and blindness. The EU banned the use of toluene.

Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

It’s supposed to prevent the chipping part. This chemical causes cancer in lab animals and long-term fertility issues in newborn boys, but some companies still use it. Experts refer to it as reproductive and developmental toxin. Europe has banned its use, but it’s still used in the US. Environmental groups have signed many petitions that require a ban, but none of them gained success.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) tested the levels of this chemical in urine samples of 2,600 people. Phthalate was found in most adults, especially women. The research was conducted in 2006.


It’s a preservative, sterilizer and sometimes used to embalm things. Why would you put anything like this on your nails? It causes lung and nasal cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer has identified it as a deadly carcinogen. It acts as a nail-hardening agent. The worst part is its ability to evaporate, and you get to inhale it. Formaldehyde often causes irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat. But, it’s still a common ingredient of the products you have in your home.

Pick a healthier product or try making your own with the help of several natural ingredients. Look for nontoxic polishes that are marked as low-hazard products in the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database.