As you probably know, the butter is made from pasteurized milk, which means that most of the butter available are anything but healthy.
On the other hand, the homemade organic butter is very healthy as it contains many of the vitamins and minerals found in raw milk. Butter contains vitamin A, which is of utmost importance when it comes to the health of our eyes, tissues, membranes, teeth, and skin. It also has a critical role in gene transcription. In addition to this, butter can protect against cancer, due to the fact that it comprises short and medium chain fatty acids.
ORGANIC BUTTER RECIPE
– 2 cups organic heavy cream
– sea salt, to taste
First, put the cream into food processor and process for about ten minutes, after which you will get a thick whipped cream. Continue processing until the mixture turns grainy and it separates into butter and buttermilk. At this point, you should drain buttermilk from butter.
Put the butter into a colander and strain off the buttermilk. Then, rinse the butter, turning it with a spoon while the cold water runs over until it runs clear.
Once the butter is clean, squeeze liquid from it with a wooden spoon in order to smash it and pour off liquid. Finally, put the butter into a jar and keep it refrigerated. The homemade organic butter has a long shelf life and it can last a couple of months before going bad.
Feel free to be creative and create amazing compound butter for your kids. MotherEarthLiving.com recommends the following combinations with unsalted butter:
– Orange zest, maple syrup, and blueberries
– Orange zest, chopped fresh, or dried cranberries and snipped fresh sage
– Lemon zest and snipped parsley
– Crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives
– Snipped fresh Thai basil, chopped garlic, and chopped, drained, pickled ginger
– Snipped fresh cilantro, lime zest, and Sriracha, or hot sauce
– Grated Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil
– Grated ginger and sesame oil
– Chopped pecans and honey
– Coarsely ground black pepper and sea salt
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER IN A JAR IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES: