Nanny Who Force Fed Baby Until It Died, Just Learned Some More Than Deserved Bad News


Handing over the care of your children to another person can be an emotionally difficult process. There are so many fears and anxieties that accompany the act of leaving your defenseless child in the custody of a relative stranger. Yet we all do it every day. Babysitters, nannies, daycares, etc. We ignore our own instincts to protect and trust that another person will care lovingly for our kids.

In the case of one Maryland nanny, that trust was gravely misplaced. This horrifying story ends with an eight month old baby girl dead and her sixty six year old nanny charged with second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and other offenses.

A Maryland nanny has been arrested after police alleged she force fed eight month old Enita Salubi, who then died.

According to The Washington Post, “Oluremi Oyindasola, 66, of Glenarden, Md., was arrested Tuesday and is charged with second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and other related charges after 8-month-old Enita Salubi died in her care, Prince George’s County police announced Wednesday. A home surveillance system recorded Oyindasola, a live-in nanny, napping on the couch of a Glenarden home when she was disturbed by the crying child, who came up to her in a toddler walker, according to police charging documents. Oyindasola tried to feed the child while she was still in the walker but was unsuccessful, police said. Oyindasola then pulled the child from the walker, held the baby around the child’s chest, removed the nipple from the baby’s bottle and ‘proceeded to pour a large amount of white liquid directly inside the victim’s mouth,’ police charging documents state.”

The Washington Post report continues, “For 25 seconds, the child ‘appeared to squirm and aggressively resist as the defendant continued to force a large amount of liquid inside her mouth,’ records state. After the first bottle was drained, Oyindasola then forced the child to consume the contents of a second bottle. During the feedings the baby ‘displayed difficulty breathing and signs of medical distress,’ records state. After the second bottle, the child became unresponsive and at about 4:10 p.m. was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead. An autopsy revealed white liquid inside the child’s lungs, police said. A medical examiner determined the baby died of asphyxiation and the child’s death was a homicide, police said.

yindasola was the only person watching the child when the baby suffered her fatal injuries, police said.”

Col. Harry Bond with Prince George’s County Police told NBC Washington: ‘She forcefully poured the two bottles of what looks to be milk down the baby’s mouth, causing her to not be able to breathe, suffocating her, and eventually she died at the hospital.’

A news release issued by Prince George’s County Police stated “The preliminary investigation revealed the injuries to the baby occurred while in the sole care and custody of Oyindasola.”

Oyindasol “is in the custody of the Department of Corrections,” the release said. A lawyer was not listed for Oyindasola in any online court records. She is being held on one million dollars’ bond.

What do you think of this horrifying news story? Share your thoughts, stories, and opinions with us here.