Cardiovascular disease is one of the most dangerous diseases today so it’s important to know how to prevent them. In most of the cases, it’s caused by blockage in the arteries which interrupt the blood flow to the heart. The main triggers are stress, lack of physical activity, and unhealthy lifestyle.
Therefore, take a look at the following 10 foods that will help you cleanse the arteries and improve your cardiovascular health:
- Salmon-it’s rich in healthy fatty acids that reduce the blood cholesterol and prevent inflammation-a known cause of cardiovascular disease.
- Orange juice-freshly-squeezed orange juice has a high amount of vitamin C and antioxidants that protect the blood vessels from damage and maintain the blood pressure normal. A research showed that 2 glasses of orange juice per day supply you with the needed nutrients to prevent heart diseases.
- Nuts-they’re rich in fatty acids and unsaturated fats, as well as healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Regular consumption of nuts reduces the cholesterol levels and betters the health of the joints and heart. Additionally, nuts will also improve your memory.
- Turmeric-curcumin, the main ingredient of this spice, is a potent anti-inflammatory agent which lowers the inflammation in the tissues and the storing of fat. Add it to your meals or consume turmeric tea regularly.
- Green tea-it contains catechines, potent antioxidants which protect the heart. It reduces the cholesterol levels and betters the metabolism. Drink 2 cups of green tea daily for optimal results.
- Watermelon-it encourages the oxide production and keeps the blood vessels clean.
- Avocados-they’re rich in healthy fats that regulate the cholesterol and maintain the cardiovascular health.
- Cranberries-they’re rich in potassium-a crucial mineral for the heart which maintains the cholesterol levels balanced. Believe it or not, drinking 2 glasses of fresh cranberry juice per day will reduce the chance of heart disease by 40%.
- Whole grains-consume more oats, whole grain bread, and brown rice on a regular basis to better your cardiovascular health. This is because they’re rich in fiber that regulates the cholesterol levels and reduces the possibility for heart disease.
Pomegranates-they’re rich in phytonutrients that encourage the production of nitric oxide and better your blood circulation.